President
of Musician Union of Ghana, Bice Osei Kuffour popularly known as Obour has
dared veteran singer, Akosua Adjepong to take Ghana Music Right Organisation
(GHAMRO) to court over her alleged embezzlement of musicians’ royalties.
Speaking on phone, Obour told
Pluzz FM Thursday, that Akosua should channel her grievances to the court for
routine investigations to be carried out and if GHAMRO Executives are
found culpable then the board can be dissolved for new executives to be elected.
“There is a system in place you
can use if you feel the Executives of GHAMRO are not doing things right as to
how to run the Association, I will suggest to Akosua to rather go to court to
point out her complaints than moving from one radio station to the other,” he
noted.
Previously in an
interview with Kojo Preko Danquah on Kasapa Entertainment on Kasapa 102.3 FM Saturday, Akosua
Adjepong revealed that as at March 17 2015, Government had paid an amount of
GH¢1,9253,000 to GHAMRO, more so executives of Ghana Music Right Owners
Organization (GHAMRO) have embezzled GH¢500,000.00 musicians’ royalties.
Subsequent to that, she said
text messages were sent to all musicians indicating that because the said
amount was disbursed among members in June, there wouldn’t be any money to
share in December.
According to her, GHAMRO sent
messages to musicians informing them of their inability to pay royalties in
December, a decision she finds abnormal and questioned the rationale behind it
since distributions are done twice in a year.
Reacting to Obour’s claims, the
ace musician warned the MUSIGA President to also be on the lookout since his
outfit (MUSIGA) will soon be scrutinized and the scandalous activities exposed.

No comments:
Post a Comment